Tuesday 14 February 2012

First letter.... and shabnam's response....

A quick note before reading the first ever letter. Basheer, the husband is writing letter to his wife for the first time. His wife, Shabnam, is blind but has a will power and self confidence to do whatever she want. Let's see what she does when she finds out about Basheer's letter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BASHEER'S LETTER


Shabnam,

How are you, mother and Ruksana? How is everything at home? Yesterday I got letter from mother and she said that as we are newly married couple so we should write to each other in order to understand each other even more. I don’t know what to write so I will start from the beginning but before that I should let you know that I am not a good writer. I always get a “D” on letter writing class. My journey to this big old city was tough. I know it’s not easy for you too to live alone over there but don’t worry my mom will take care of you as she did of me.  Now as we just have this way talking so I will write all what I feel.  Today was a big day; I had to walk all the way through station colony to small colony which sure was a long way. I feel tired and exhausted. When I first arrived here, I felt alone and unaccompanied. The good news is that I have found a friend, Raja; his parents migrated from India to Pakistan during partition. Raja is a nice person, lives with his wife and children. In a way, it’s good to write letters to you because that’s how I can express my feelings. A lot to say now but have to go Raja’s home to discuss some business matters. Good bye. Waiting for your response.

With love,
Basheer.         

As Shabnam cannot see, she asks her husband's sister to write the letter for her. Her husband's sister, Ruksana, is a very sweet and polite girl.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHABNAM'S RESPONSE:
Click it

 to enjoy the real enviornment




How are you? We all are fine. Everything is fine with the grace of Allah. I was surprised to hear about  your letter. I asked Ruksana to write the letter for me. I don't know what to ask her to write either. I will use the same method as you did, asking to write whatever I feel. I think I can understand how lonely you feel. I left my home to live with your family. Being new in a place can be really tough. Don't worry about me, your mother is taking care of me the maximum she can. Good to know that you found a friend. You can share whatever you want with a friend. Next week I am going to my mother's home to visit. I feel shy saying that but
.
.
.
.
.
.
I miss you,

Shabnam.
______________________________________________________________________________

No comments: